What do you consider a “Brave Decorating Decision” these days? A dark color in a small space? Crazy prints, mixed not matched? Using the designated dining room as an office or playroom?At a time when pretty much all forms of self-expression are acceptable, Obelisk Home designers and our customers feel more empowered to forgo convention and defy old design norms.
Lately, we find more and more of our design clients beginning their decorating project with a healthy dose of design confidence—less concerned about what people will say about their design decisions and more about how their homes feel and function.
Fearless and confident, our clients feel more like our design partners today. Of course they recognize our brilliant design panache, but they also look to us as experienced collaborators, facilitators, sounding boards and as a design resource. We could not be more thrilled, because when designers and clients share a design vision the projects ultimately are stronger, bolder and more personal and more successful.
In general, decorating no longer feels like a fearful “forever-and a day commitment.” The process is more natural and intuitive. As a society, we are becoming more comfortable with change and self-expression.We couldn’t be happier to see our clients and customers feeling not just motivated, but brave and liberated. Our homes are truly our most private and personal places for self-expression, more important to our psyche than the cars we drive or the clothes we wear. Our residences should be decorated, adorned, painted, primed, primped and presented without hesitation or reservation.
Now is the time to be fierce. Be bold, be brave and decorate like you mean it.
Top 10 Reasons to Decorate with Gusto Today
- Your home should be a unique and true reflection of you.
- Your residence should make you feel happy, comfortable and secure.
- Decorating your home today is more accessible and affordable, with great design choices available every price point.
- It is a good thing when your design style evolves. It should.
- This is probably not your last opportunity to decorate. You will evolve, move, grow older, feel younger and generally evolve–so don’t have a stagnant design style.
- It is fun to focus on just little old you for a change.
- You can research on-line till your heart is content or your head explodes, giving you a pretty solid idea of what is out there and what is will cost.
- There is no design police to criticize your choices.
- There is no reason to wait to decorate, seize the day– even if you are in a temporary spit like a dorm room or rental space.
- It is OK to make decorating mistakes. It is frustrating, but not usually life threatening and you learn a lot about yourself.